Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Online Meeting and Support Software

I have been evaluating vendors for online meeting software and I narrowed down the list to two this week because of the added requirement of needing to be able to support customers through the solution. Because Bomgar was really only a support solution and Live Meeting was really only a meeting solution, that left WebEx and GoToMeeting.

Being a current WebEx customer, I evaluated GoToMeeting because of the overage charges they impose. I expect to cut expenses for online meeting and support software by 70% by switching to GoToMeeting.

The average start up times (clicking on an invite to start) I experienced for meetings and support sessions were much less for GoToMeeting than Webex by minutes. The support software I thought to be much more scalable and allowed for archiving whole support sessions and system information for up to 90 days.

No comments: