Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Unable to Get Google Chrome Running - "Aw, Snap!"

Installed Google Chrome on my desktop this morning via IE but I have Firefox as my default browser, and it asked if I wanted to import settings and such from Firefox (as I had envisioned). I had Firefox running and Chrome told me that I needed to have it shut down in order to pull the information. I tried clicking on the continue button but that didn't work, and I didn't want to close Firefox at the time, so I chose the option to import later. Chrome launched and then....

I got two application errors and then I see the following "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this web page. To continue, press Reload or go to another page." on each of the two pages that Chrome launched. Creating new tabs resulted in the same behavior. Closing down the application results in the same behavior as well.

After a uninstall and then reinstall, same thing happened. I then did another reinstall and tried not importing anything, didn't work. Did another uninstall. I re-installed Google Gears installation (v0.4.1500) maybe that was causing the issue, nothing. I noticed that there were a few rogue GoogleUpdate.exe processes so I killed them all and did a reinstall and still nothing..

So my primary machine does not have Google Chrome installed on it. I am a bit dissapointed to say the least. Google, please let me know what I need to do in order for this to work!

No comments: